A Conversation for Yes Minister - the TV Series

A few pernickity corrections

Post 1

Mu Beta

Frank, 'who mysteriously disappeared' actually was bribed to leave Jim's service with a high-paying job on a QUANGO. (Episode: 'Jobs for the Boys')

Jim only referred to Sir Humphrey as 'Humpy' in a mocking tone, after he found out it was the college name to which the Foreign Office Secretary habitually referred him. (Episode: 'The Official Visit')

The phrase 'Yes Minister' was (minorly) deviated from on a couple of further occasions, most notably when Humphrey is trying to bribe Hacker with an honorary doctorate. The closing line is "Yes, Doctor...er, Minister". (Episode: 'Doing the Honours)

I believe the books issue is still a little off. My copy of the Complete Yes, Minister is dated 1985.

I apologise for being slightly obsessive.

B


A few pernickity corrections

Post 2

Oberon2001 (Scout)

I did suggest some of those changes way back when -> smiley - biggrin
Oberon2001">F109990?thread=241394
And hey, no worries about being obsessive. smiley - biggrin
Oberon2001


A few pernickity corrections

Post 3

Mu Beta

I note that the Region 2 Yes Prime Minister DVD finally is released in October.

Amazon, in all their wisdom, seem to have realised that I'm going to want to buy it.

B


A few pernickity corrections

Post 4

Smij - Formerly Jimster

Lucky I caught this when I was adding the new picture. All addressed and amended now.


A few pernickity corrections

Post 5

Mu Beta

Ta Jims.

If it had really bothered me, I would've taken it to EF, though. smiley - winkeye

B


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more