A Conversation for Air Guitar

Air Guitar

Post 21

Researcher 45782

Whooo. Another column that drifts. There should be a thing on the front page for "most wandering subject heading" and "most kept-to line of reasoning" or somesuch.
Someone should invent a small device that can be pointed at people to extrapolate their movement when air guitaring into actual guitar noises. That would be nice. You could really show up people on top of the pops who are miming and concentrating more on posing than authenticity of movement.


Air Guitar

Post 22

ResearchBot 45045

The Swedes do...not sure about the Finns...but what to do in the cold winters anyway???


Air Guitar

Post 23

wingpig

Something involving a fellow Swede/Finn and a warm bed with lots of blankets.
Does anyone know how Suomi is pronounced? They always wimp out and say "Finland" when the Olympics are on but it's always intrigued me.
Sad, I know.


Air Guitar

Post 24

Tevyn

And the conversation continues to drift, drift, drift...


Air Guitar

Post 25

wingpig

But drifts back. One thing I've noticed in guitar books is that they never make any comment about the arm action required for successful playing - they only advise on the position of the pick/fingernail to the string. As a result, many air guitarist take their style from alleged punk bands playing on the television with the strange movement where the forearm moves along its length across the strings. Very strange. I'd like to see one of these people miss and plunge their fingers beneath the strings. hah.


Air Guitar

Post 26

Boab

Air Guitar is for POOFS!
I bet you guys snort Air Cocaine, and smoke Air Skunk whilst playing your Air Guitar?


Air Guitar

Post 27

MadMunk?¿

Put your money where your mouth is. smiley - fish


Air Guitar

Post 28

Shim

What do you mean by that exactly?

smiley - fish


Air Guitar

Post 29

MadMunk?¿

cool, a blue fish, how'dya do that then?


Air Guitar

Post 30

Shim

By writing the code that puts it there.

So don't waste your time trying.

smiley - fish


Air Guitar

Post 31

MadMunk?¿

Ahh, i see, clever.... I wish I'd thought of that....smiley - fish


Air Guitar

Post 32

kat

I WANNA A BLUE FISH. (POUT AND WHINE) NOW!!!!


Air Guitar

Post 33

FairlyStrange

Blue poop isn't enough!? Now you want blue fish? There's just no satisfing you, is there? (And just what IS this fixation with blue?smiley - smiley)


Air Guitar

Post 34

kat

its my favorite color smiley - bigeyes


Air Guitar

Post 35

FairlyStrange

I'd have never guessed!smiley - smiley

(Strums keyboard in attemt to make this have anything to do with Air Guitar)


Air Guitar

Post 36

kat

really lame attemt, i can play air guitar to guns n' roses like nobodies business smiley - smiley


Air Guitar

Post 37

FairlyStrange

Prefer Bonjovi.....at least john can sing!(monshari says he's cuter!)


Air Guitar

Post 38

Ravo

Back in the mists of time the popularity of Jethro Tull saw the world swept by Air Flute. Does anyone else have recollections of this past-time of a bygone era, or did my significant other imbibe too many illegal substances during his youth, thereby rendering all memories extremely interesting but somewhat lacking in truth as we know it?


Air Guitar

Post 39

FairlyStrange

If you remember it, you weren't there! I, myself, remember very little.

Of course there was also air steel guitar, air harmonica but the most entertaining to watch had to be "air sax".


Air Guitar

Post 40

Ravo

I have heard it said on a number of occasions that if you remember the 60's you weren't there, but I beg to differ on this simplistic statement.
I believe that the said statement should be in three parts as follows:
1. If you remember the 60's correctly, you weren't there.
2. If you remember the 60's through strange, multihued glasses then you were there in body while your mind was everywhere and your spirit was astral planing.
3. If you don't remember the 60's but were there how come you're still alive and competent enough to navigate the net.
4. If you don't remember the 60's and you weren't there ask (a) your parents or (b) your children. Be warned - if you want the truth, be subtle.


Key: Complain about this post