Join the BBQ: AI Image Challenge Accepted

1 Conversation

Bluebottle logoJoin the Q logo.

Following on from adventures with chatbots, SashaQ and Bluebottle explored AI Alt text descriptions of images, and AI image generation software. As expected, the results were fascinating, funny and frightening.

Bluebottle discovered that Microsoft Word has a function that can generate AI Alt text images. SashaQ discovered that NightCafe has a new function that can design an image based on a base drawing and a text prompt. SashaQ tried it out on a panel from Career Curiosities using the Microsoft AI's text prompt - 'A drawing of people in a meeting'.

A team meeting with 6 people plus Alex's toy unicorn

The default setting generated 7 people at a dining table with another person standing next to them!

7 people at a dining table with another person standing next to them

The Cinematic setting generated a good meeting table, with images for meeting attendees to look at, but disturbingly Alex has no head!

Some people and parts of people at a meeting table looking at photos.  The person at the head of the table has no head

The Anime setting generated a weird conglomeration of people, some of whom are sitting in the table!

18 people, some sitting in the table that has papers strewn across it, some sitting at the table, and some sitting on other people

The Modern Comic setting is about the best - the unicorn and wheelchair are extra people, but it looks like a team meeting. The AI has accurately captured the laid-back posture of the guy who hadn't done any work. Unfortunately, the same can't be said of his face - he seems to have two eye-like things on the same side of his face, and his nose looks like the muzzle of a dog. His face is so bad, even the AI's own 'Fix Faces' tool didn't recognise it as a face! At least the AI provided the meeting attendees with some refreshments.

Some people at a table looking at papers.  There are teacups and glasses on the table.
Join the Q Archive

SashaQ

16.09.24 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A88055788

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more