Join the Q: At the Zoo 2

0 Conversations

Join the Q logo.

Join the Q: At the Zoo 2

Here are some pictures from my recent visit to the zoo with my family. Our main objective was to see the Monsoon Forest, a tropical house that had been opened in 2015, but was badly damaged by fire in 2018. It reopened in 2020 but was then subject to restrictions associated with the COVID-19 pandemic. I visited again in 2022, but the birds were wary after all the disruption, so the experience was not as immersive as it had been before the fire. In 2023, the birds had settled in better, so they were much more active - it was amazing seeing Grosbeak Starlings flying so close to people as they went from one tree to another, and ground-dwelling birds running around at the side of the path. The only disappointment is that there is nowhere to sit and watch the birds - I managed to stop for a short while in a corner of the path, but then I was funnelled along the route again and was soon back outside. I did manage to take a few good photos but, as insufficient birdwatching took place, here is a photo of a rhino as well.

Grosbeak Starling - a black bird with yellow beak and red rumpCrested Partridge - a black bird with red crest
Cinnamon Ground Dove - a grey bird with yellow breast and cinnamon plumage on its headEastern Black Rhinoceros

Join the Q Archive

SashaQ

31.07.23 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A88033746

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more