Diary of a Highland Dogwalker

1 Conversation

Diary of a Highland Dogwalker

These herons are sitting there waiting for the tide to go out, so that they can catch crabs and fish in the shallows. We have a raptor about as there was a decapitated pigeon as I may have mentioned, plus decapitated or eviscerated rabbits1.

Loitering herons
Loitering Herons

Human hunters have been down the marshes shooting a load of geese and for a couple of days a solitary one has been flying off in the opposite direction, crying forlornly2.

Going to wash my hands in the river, I disturbed a small fish right in at the bank, inches from me. It was about four inches long and have no idea what species but could be a young salmon or trout.

The dog can go up near vertical slopes by the river and its antics have disclosed to me two paths I was unaware of before that might explain kids reaching the top as well.

This is her attacking a kind of mattress type thing, in a paddock (it didn't fight back).

Luna v mattress.
Paigetheoracle Archive

Paigetheoracle

29.05.23 Front Page

Back Issue Page

1Ed. Note: You have no idea how grateful I am for the lack of a photo at this point.2Ed. Note: Sob.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A88029039

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more