Renfrew's Big Case: Episode 25

1 Conversation

Renfrew's Big Case: Episode 25

Renfrew the robot with a magnifying glass.

A few days later, Sigismund returned the videos he had borrowed. As he left the library, he heard a familiar voice. "We meet again, Becky Rosen said, crossing the street. "You seem to be interested in the wreath on my front door. Don't they have wreaths where you come from?"

"They do, but most are dark green. A few are red or gold. But yours is the first light green one I've seen."

"It blends in with the rest of my house. I don't like things that stick out like sore thumbs."

"Yes, it does blend in. Was the house light green when you moved in, or did you repaint it?"

"My husband and I agree that light green is the best color. If you ever see the interior, you'll see more light green. By the way, isn't it a little early for you to be dressed like Santa?" She playfully
grabbed the tassel of the Santa hat he was wearing.

"Oh, that. Today is December 6, the feast day of Saint Nicholas. It's also my birthday. Can I help it if feel a certain kinship with him?"

"If I'd known that, I'd have baked you a cake."

"Lanny is treating me to dinner at Tiger's lady tonight -- assuming that they don't botch the reservation. Last year, they had us down as twelve reindeer."

"Forgive me for breaking your bubble, but isn't Dec. 6 the day Saint Nicholas died?"

"I'll take any association I can get. They say he was a thoroughly kind and generous man. I wish I were a reborn version of him, but I'm afraid I fall short of the mark."

"Nonsense. I say a celebration is in order. Come over to my house right now. I always leave cookies for Santa, but now I can watch him eat them. Just remember that there is a *lot* of light green inside."

There was a dusting of snow on the road, but it took only three or four steps to get past it. Then Becky opened the door and ushered him in.

Post Novella Project 2022/2023 Archive

Paulh

08.05.23 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A88027239

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more