A Conversation for Renfrew's Big Case: Episode 25

Real Snakes Don't...

Post 1

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

...have eyelids. They can't wink.

Even cybernetic ones don't, usually.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmZl0U90Xng


Real Snakes Don't...

Post 2

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

I could have sworn that this episode had already be run many weeks ago.


Real Snakes Don't...

Post 3

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

This is episode 5.

Eposode 25 should be :

Episode 25

A few days later, Sigismund returned the videos he had borrowed. As he left the library, he heard a familiar voice. "We meet again, Becky Rosen said, crossing the street. "You seem to be interested in the wreath on my front door. Don't they have wreaths where you come from?"

"They do, but most are dark green. A few are red or gold. But yours is the first light green one I've seen."

"It blends in with the rest of my house. I don't like things that stick out like sore thumbs."

"Yes, it does blend in. Was the house light green when you moved in, or did you repaint it?"

"My husband and I agree that light green is the best color. If you ever see the interior, you'll see more light green. By the way, isn't it a little early for you to be dressed like Santa?" She playfully
grabbed the tassle of the Santa hat he was wearing.

"Oh, that. Today is December 6, the feast day of Saint Nicholas. It's also my birthday. Can I help it if feel a certain kinship with him?"

"If I'd known that, I'd have baked you a cake."

"Lanny is treating me to dinner at Tiger's lady tonight -- assuming that they don't botch the reservation. Last year, they had us down as twelve reindeer."

"Forgive me for breaking your bubble, but isn't Dec. 6 the day Saint Nicholas died?"

"I'll take any association I can get. They say he was a thoroughly kind and generous man. I wish I were a reborn version of him, but I'm afraid I fall short of the mark."

"Nonsense. I say a celebration is in order. Come over to my house right now. I always leave cookies for Santa, but now I can watch him eat them. Just remember that there is a *lot* of light green inside."

There was a dusting of snow on the road, but it took only three or four steps to get past it. Then Becky opened the door and ushered him in.


Real Snakes Don't...

Post 4

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

I've just checked the original submission, and the mistake was mine. sorry.


Real Snakes Don't...

Post 5

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

np! I'll replace it. smiley - run


Real Snakes Don't...

Post 6

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

smiley - ok Changed.

If you repeat one, chances are I won't notice it - because I see these things several times - when I edit them to prepare a page, when I upload the pages for the Post issue, and when they're commented on. So I usually think to myself, 'Yep, that looks familiar,' and move on.

So thanks for catching it.


Real Snakes Don't...

Post 7

Caiman raptor elk - Inside big box, thinking.


Watch out Sigismund! It's a trap!


Real Snakes Don't...

Post 8

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Thanks, Dmitri. smiley - ok


Real Snakes Don't...

Post 9

SashaQ - happysad

smiley - ok


Key: Complain about this post