The h2g2 Post 20.03.23

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 20th March 2023

Journeys, and What We Found

Venus and Jupiter.
A courtship in our skies
that didn't last long.

If you can tear yourselves away from discussing who won what at that big company awards dinner which I don't care about, but Awix does, we've got a lot of cool things to show you. Our contributors have been making journeys: climbing over rocks, following streams, trudging through snow, and even mounted on horseback. They show you what they saw. You are expected to be impressed. The photographers expect this, and I expect it, because these pictures are impressive. They are so impressive, in fact, that I'm departing from the usual pithy format in order to bring you running commentary on these amazing images.

Please read the commentary to yourselves in a fancy David Attenborough whisper.

Be glad I'm not really doing the voiceover. Most of you aren't ready for my accent, which sounds more like Grandpa Jones.

Besides all the journeying through physical space, our writers have been traversing a lot of mental terrain, as well. You know how I have a column called Deep Thought? Well, FWR has been doing some deep thinking, too. You could smell the wood burning from here. Let him tell you about it.

Let the novella writers tell you their tales, too. There's a lot going on: some of it's funny, some is exciting, some is intriguing, and some is tragic. There are also too many robots.

We have the usual features and fun. I mustn't forget to recommend the picture quiz this week. Even if you don't usually do the picture quiz, you've got to tune in for this one. We have a very special guest artist you really won't want to miss.

So dive in and feast your eyes and ears and hearts and minds. Be nice to the contributors: comment on what they're offering instead of whatever running monologue you've got going in your own heads. It will make a nice change. Tell Awix how revolting that movie sounds.

Have a safe week out there. Look out for ice patches and Canada geese, now referred to in North America as 'cobra chickens'.


Dmitri Gheorgheni



Mailbox.
Write the Post at:
postteamhg-at-gmail-dot-com
Tweet at the Post and Edited Guide:
@h2g2_Guide



Quote of the Week: We have asked the BBC to give an interview to BBC News Today.

– The BBC
A bowl of hot soup.


February/March 2023 Create Challenge:
Winter Food


Video Extra:
Wild Turkey Rampage
Click here in Ripley


ROADS TAKEN
Malabarista views spring from
her horseback vantage point.

Bare hills and trees and a path from the back of a horse, by Malabarista.

MENTAL MAPS

  • Photo
  • Evidence of drought.


EVERYDAY WONDER


FWR gets up close and
personal with a tortoise.

Closeup of a tortoise, by FWR.


JUST FOR PRETTY




You can admire the daffodils
while languishing in the stocks.

The old stocks in York with some new daffodils, by Angel LiaDan.
SEE YOU IN THE FUNNY PAPERS
SERIAL KILLERS
Ongoing Novellas


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A88021514

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more