The h2g2 Post 06.03.23

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 6th March 2023

Reflections

A piano reflecting a stained glass window.

Lives of great men all remind us

We can make our lives sublime,

And, departing, leave behind us

Footprints on the sands of time.


– Henry Wadsworth Longfellow


Yes, of course, unless the 'great men' have been cancelled by Twitter. Or something. We write, not on sand, but on pixels, and sometimes things go astray through no fault of our own. Is that a reason not to share? It is not. The footprints you leave are the impressions you make on those around you. Or maybe you're only talking to the stars…

Anyway, let's keep keeping on, shall we?

The church got a new piano. It's very shiny. I thought you might like to see how shiny it is. It reflects glory, does that piano. It makes nice sounds, too. They reflect on the ears of listeners.

Our stories, we hope, will continue to reflect in the minds of our readers. Chapter 16 is on the menu this week for your perusal. (The archives will be restored, I'm working on it.) Plots thickens, jokes are told, your sensibilities are assaulted, nonsense is perpetrated. What's not to like?

Our photographers are out and about. Walking or driving, morning and evening, they've come back to share the things they've seen. Sunrises. Sunsets. Hills, valleys, trees and other objects of beauty and puzzlement.

There's humour, a quiz, and some cinema. Willem tells you about moorhens.

We'll be back next week with more to think about. In the meantime, have a great week and reflect on this: when everything around you is in motion, remember to be still sometimes. Your heart will thank you.


Dmitri Gheorgheni



Mailbox.
Write the Post at:
postteamhg-at-gmail-dot-com
Tweet at the Post and Edited Guide:
@h2g2_Guide



Quote of the Week: How are we supposed to live in a cyberpunk dystopia if the main cyberpunk dystopia guy keeps breaking all the cyber?

@Chinchillazilla on Twitter
A bowl of hot soup.


February/March 2023 Create Challenge:
Winter Food


Video Extra:
Spacetime is an Illusion,
Says the Hooverville Clock
Click here in Ripley


WILD LIFE
Moorhen

Moorhen, by Willem.

BETWEEN OUR EARS

  • Video
  • h2g2 looks at wildlife.


WALKABOUT (I)


Evening Walk

Birds in a tree, by FWR.


WALKABOUT (II)




Not an Exit
A clearly-marked exit with the sign Not an Exit, by Mrs Hoggett.
SEE YOU IN THE FUNNY PAPERS
SERIAL KILLERS
Ongoing Novellas


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A88020669

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more