The h2g2 Post: 10.02.20

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 10th February 2020

Topsy-Turvy

Early Tulip by TavaronQ Just as the Pennsylvania Rodent was announcing an early spring, Tavaron sent us this photo that proved him right. It's a tulip. In her garden. In Austria. It was snowing outside the Post Office (fortunately not inside the Post Office), but the next day, it was 15°C and sunny. The weather is goofy, and so are we. This week, our writing and photography will reflect the general instability of our moods and ideas.


Sky over Scotland by Paigetheoracle

Cool Stuff in this week's issue:

  • Natural occurrences: Plants, animals, weather phenomena.
  • Unnatural occurrences, such as photoshopped encounters, aliens at railway stations, the thoughts in the heads of the Prof, Paige, and the Post Editor.
  • Humour. (Always unnatural around here.)
  • Art photography that draws on nature, from the somber to the wildly colourful.
  • A movie review from Awix, plus notes on what's on at the cinema these days.
  • Doodles, music, a slideshow, a graphic op/ed, a head-scratching picture quiz, and musings on Life, the Universe, and Everything. Caption the photo. Get into an argument. Figure out what the sign is talking about.

I'll leave you to talk among yourselves. Remember to send Stuff. And have a great week!


Quote of the Week:   Deitsch: Mir hen free iwwersetzen Services um dei Frooge zu andwatte, die du vielleicht iwwer dei Gsundheit odder Drug Blan hoscht. Um en Iwwersetzer zu griege, ruf uns um die Nummer uff die Rickseit vun dei Member ID Kaarde aa. Epper der Deitsch schwetzt, kann dir helfe. Des iss en Free Service.

Explanation: the Post Editor's health provider offers translation services in many languages spoken locally. That, Europeans, is Pennsylvania Dutch.



Create February 2020 by Freewayriding
February Create Challenge:
Stranger in a Familiar Land
Be a Tour Guide to the Domestically Strange!


Dmitri Gheorgheni

THE REAL, THE UNREAL, AND THE SCIENTIFICALLY IMAGINED

WHY? JUST...WHY?


FROM DARK TO LIGHT


Night Snow

Night Snow by Dmitri Gheorgheni


WORDS, PICTURES, MUSIC




h2g2 Story
Video:
There Is a Fountain
SIMPLY WEIRD

Caption This

Bikes in Cages by Paigetheoracle
GRAPHIC PRESENTATIONS


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87957986

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more