Phoenix the Cat

1 Conversation

Meet Phoenix the Cat

Phoenix the little black cat by bobstafford

A short and curious little story about a little black cat named Phoenix.

Looking through a local web site offering things for sale we came across an advertisement asking for someone to help a cat find a home. A couple had come to settle near us and their plans had not worked out, so they had to return home. Their problem was they had a cat and they could not take it back with them, (more of that later) so they were looking for a new home for her.

After a few days thinking we decided to e-mail them, just to find out you know how it is, don't you? He phoned. Big problems regarding the cat. Two big problems had stopped them taking her back with them! They thought she was too old to take back, being over 10 years old, and she did not like the trip here. So, they wanted to find her a home.

So the next question was: where are you, the other side of the world? He replied "Yes, Australia," I said, 'The Australia? The one with the 6-foot tall jumping mice?' He said, yep! She would not take the trip: she hated the flight to Europe, and nobody here wants her as she is getting old, also the vet said she would hate the plane trip and at her age it's not fair. Apart from her age, she is fit and well, but she desperately needs a new home. It was a bit of a rush: we did not meet them, as they had to fly home the day before we collected her.

So guess what: we got another cat! After a week of growling and sorting out the question of who's boss (the others just kept clear and left her in peace), everything is fine, and the cats are all fine. And she can hopefully have the warm happy life she deserves, with an extended family for company, which she seems to like.

Her owners did care, and e-mails and photographs have been exchanged, and they do miss her. I think she is happy: plenty of food, and the photograph is Phoenix in her favorite bed, with her favorite black cat toy. She knows she is home and looks quite content.

View from My Window Archive

bobstafford

12.03.18 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A87905938

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more