A Conversation for Phoenix the Cat

Phoenix, you are a lucky black cat.

Post 1

Elektragheorgheni -Please read 'The Post'

The cat is lovely, I don't blame her, Australia has some huge venomous spiders, and deadly snakes. How many cats do you have all together then Bob? Are they all black. We have a 17 year old cat who is black and is always making noises because Molly, the editorial assistant kitty refuses to let her alone and tries to engage her in wrestling matches which she is not interested in.


Phoenix, you are a lucky black cat.

Post 2

bobstafford

She has settled down and now the scratch and bite phase has passed. She eats well and sleeps most of the day. Still cautious of the other cats who are surprisingly happy to let her have all the peace she wants.
We can have short cuddles now and we get licks and purrs when we talk to her.
We can pick her up and hold her but for 5 minutes then she wants to go back to her space.
We have 7 other cats and find them no more trouble than 1.
1.Charley the oldest he also loves bed at 17 yrs.

2.Basil is a few years younger than Charley 15 ish and looks after the young ones nothing bothers him.

3.Willow the oldest girl has a happy life wandering from bed to food bowl and back again.

4. Soda Willows little brother ginger spends his day in equal periods of play sleep and looking for a lap to sit on

5. Smokey a big grey and white boy he is a pedigree cat but not posh enough to show so he found a home with us.

6. Roxey she is a little black girl with grey undercoat so she is very nice to look at. She was like Phoenix left when their owners had to go home, to Montreal Canada. She is the most intelligent and has rules the others have to follow or else. Addicted to cuddles and a happy independent nature. She was rescued from a cats home she was there for two years, and she really needed a happy home. She is nicknamed "Squeak" as she meous with squeaks when excited.

7. The last arrival is Gus-Gus he is white with grey patches, and a had a violent temper to humans. A total yob with a food fixation collecting any unattended cat food, sandwiches, crisps, lunch dinner or tea, left unattended for a nanosecond.

8. Pheonix is our number 8 and she is nice and here for good.

But the thing is they all equalize each other's faults and as a family group ard fantastic to live with. They keep themselves entertained and happy and have formed a family group, a single cat is happy but cats with the company of other cats are happier.


Phoenix, you are a lucky black cat.

Post 3

Caiman raptor elk - Inside big box, thinking.

Slightly off topic: I always wanted to have a Bobcat to play in the sandpit when I was younger (think: small size loader/digger). Santa never gave me one though. Probably wouldn't fit through the chimney anyway. Come to think of it, maybe it's still sitting on the roof...


Phoenix, you are a lucky black cat.

Post 4

bobstafford

Someone would have noticed by now smiley - biggrin


Phoenix, you are a lucky black cat.

Post 5

Caiman raptor elk - Inside big box, thinking.

I imagine the purring would be a lot louder than your usual cat (until the fuel runs out, that is)


Phoenix, you are a lucky black cat.

Post 6

SashaQ - happysad

8 cats - wow! Very good that they get on with each other, though, so you find them no more trouble than one.

At Christmas I encountered 6 cats, but they sometimes struggle to get on with each other so the environment was a bit more troubled... Luckily I was only there a short while because I'm allergic so I got to enjoy the feline company without too much trouble - best of both worlds for me smiley - biggrinsmiley - blackcatsmiley - cat


Phoenix, you are a lucky black cat.

Post 7

bobstafford

The house is a decent size and there are plenty of beds and chairs to sit on, we don't see much of them during the day. The big thing is they don't fight as they have room to live, and the secret weapon, cats love tunnel toys and scratching posts.


Phoenix, you are a lucky black cat.

Post 8

SashaQ - happysad

Ah, that's good.

Yes, my friends do have limited space, so that makes a difference... I know they have scratching posts, but I will mention tunnel toys as something that may help - will give extra hiding places for the cats so they can keep out of the way of each other if they so choose smiley - ok


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Phoenix the Cat

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more