The Unspeakable in Pursuit

1 Conversation

Please don't write your NaJoPoMo journal like this.

The Unspeakable in Pursuit

Illustration from Lady Ramsay's fox hunting journal

This is what an 1887 Facebook page might have looked like. Lady Ramsay's fox hunting journal was published. We're not sure why. It's full of pages like this.

Lady Ramsay 'Did Nothing' today. Yay, foxes.

Alas, sometimes she did do something. Fox hunting, apparently, was dangerous, and not just to the foxes:

People and horses were injured while fox hunting. Remind us why they did this?

Feel free to express your opinions for and against fox hunting in the space below. Discuss the proposition: Lady Ramsay and her friends deserved a Darwin Award. Actually, 'Lady Ramsay' was just the type of journal it was. This one was filled out by some anonymous twit.

Oh, and if you're eager to read about all those exciting fox hunts, knock yourselves out. For next week, I'm off in search of Bubba's Squirrel Hunting Diary. At least you can eat squirrels.

The Literary Corner Archive

Dmitri Gheorgheni

14.11.16 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A87880639

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


References

h2g2 Entries

External Links

Not Panicking Ltd is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more