The h2g2 Post 28.09.15

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 28th September 2015

Falling for Fall

An autumn scene on Wissahickon Creek in Pennsylvania. Isn't that scene restful? Doesn't it make you want to go and have a quiet doze by your favourite body of water – even if it's your bathtub or the fish tank? Sure, it does. And it reminds us that, as September draweth to a close, we still have autumn to enjoy before the winter sets in.

Except for Willem, of course. He's telling me about the early spring rains. Sigh. Rain falls on the just and the unjust, and on both hemispheres. Which is a good thing for Planet Earth. While dodging those raindrops, Willem has found time to send us another astounding painting and article, for us to wonder at and learn from. Whatever season you're having, enjoy. And send pics.

Speaking of picture-taking, has it dawned on all you folks that 1) you now almost surely have mobiles with photographic capabilities, and 2) the Post Editor knows you have them? There is therefore no excuse for you not to send us pictures of the fascinating things you see on your commutes, walks, strolls, perambulations, car chases, or while being pursued by angry policemen. 2legs takes pictures, and you know what he gets up to. Even I take pictures. You can do it. We'll show them to everybody so they can ooh and aah.

My kvetching about copy naturally assumes that the world doesn't end today, 28 September. Yes, friends, it's that time again: apocalypse watch. This time, the doomsayers have declared that the End Has Come due to the supermoon eclipse coinciding with a Jewish holiday, or similar. Please be sure to enjoy Galaxy Babe's stargazing column in this issue, just in case it's the last chance you get in this reality iteration.

In the event that this is yet another false alarm, you might want to be entertained come Tuesday. Awix will tell you about a nail-biting film. We'll entertain you with some fun facts, old and new, and quiz you on your knowledge of the history of exploding animals. As usual, we have our priorities straight.

The Create Team thank everyone for all they've contributed on the nostalgia front this month. A couple more days to get those in (unless, as stated before, the Blood Moon strikes, and the world ends, in which case all bets are off, and you're excused), and then (apocalypse permitting) there will be a new challenge for you. We'll let it be a surprise.

What will be no surprise, it goes without saying, is that October being the spooky month, the h2g2 Post would like your ghost stories. Have you seen one? Has anything spooky ever happened to you? Your brother/sister/Aunt Bess/second cousin once removed? Let us in on the spectral thrills! And have a great week!


Dmitri Gheorgheni

WILD WORLD
  • Ground Woodpecker by Willem.
  • Tsessebe by Willem.

HITTING THE HIGH POINTS

PECULIAR FUN

  • The German bath train.
  • Ancient colouring book.

INTELLECTUAL (OVER)STIMULATION

READ AND SHARE
  • Create September Challenge: Try to Remember.
  • One ring to rule them all.
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87859796

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more