A Conversation for Army Boots - British

Most comfortable footwear ever

Post 1

Sho - employed again!

My boots DMS were the most comfortable footwear I ever had. I softened them by soaking newspaper in warm water, then stuffing the crumpled paper in the boots overnight. With polish as described.

then lots and lots and lots of running in them (with and without a log) in mud

But I'm surprised the article didn't mention the women's boots, Driver's boots I think they were. But I didn't love mine as much as I loved my Boots DMS. Actually, I still have them somewhere

smiley - run off to dig them out of the cellar


Most comfortable footwear ever

Post 2

Who?

I am male. We never got women's shoes.


Most comfortable footwear ever

Post 3

Sho - employed again!

I guessed that! smiley - winkeye
But really, most people didn't even know they were issue boots, I had a right laugh when a female sproggy officer tried to have me charged for wearing them!!


Most comfortable footwear ever

Post 4

Who?

Now that sounds like so much fun. It really brings them down to earth. Just quote the part number! That makes them MAD!


Most comfortable footwear ever

Post 5

invisibleknight

I still own and wear my CBH that I was issued when I joined the RAF in 1990.
1st thing I did was removed the rubbish insoles they issue and put in a pair of sorbothane insoles (normally for distance running shoes) and have had total comfort from that day onward.

They get polished once a month whether I wear them or not.
I also subscribed to the urination method for breaking them in.
I got laughed at and majorly ribbed but I was the only man in my squadron whose boots didn't have white salt marks all over them.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more