The h2g2 Post 27.08.12

1 Conversation

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 27th August 2012

Happy, Sad, and Hopeful

Mandala artwork.The picture you see here, by JEllenJ42, serves two purposes besides beautifying the page: it links to the discussion some h2g2ers are having on the philosophical implications of maths, and it reminds us of the greater patterns we make through our interactions with one another.

Just last week, we were urging you all to lie back and enjoy your holidays. Of course, nobody listens to us at all. You sent so much Stuff in – all about your adventures and discoveries – that we've got a big issue this week. That's the way, ignore us. We aren't proud, we'll take it all. And we're proud of you.

Two people we're proud of are Z and Pastey. Z, because after all the brilliant work he's done to get h2g2 up and running on its own, he's taking a step back to finish his PhD. Way to go, Z, our very own George Washington1. Pastey's taking over the reins, because apparently he didn't have enough to do, just keeping all the technical stuff working. People are threatening to call the Temporal Police on him for misusing a tardis and re-crossing his own timeline, because otherwise nobody can explain how he's getting all this done.

On a more somber note, we mourn the premature passing of h2g2's first elected President, Peregrin. Bluebottle has written a tribute and will explain. Those who were here in the early days will remember this Researcher well. We wish to express our sadness at this untimely event, and our gratitude for all Peregrin did for h2g2 and others. This is truly a community that touches many lives.

The Post Staff have enjoyed reading each of these contributions, and we are proud to share them with you.

Until next week, be well, friends!


Dmitri Gheorgheni

FUN AND GAMES

THE WORLD OUT THERE


 

MIND JOURNEYS


 

 
FRIENDSHIP AND REMEMBRANCE

 

 

 

 
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page


1Please pardon the US reference.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A87766906

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more