The h2g2 Post 20.02.12

1 Conversation

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 20th February 2012

World Enough and Time

What are these donkeys doing on the front page?
It's a big, wide world out there. We're all over it, you know – from South Africa and the Antipodes, where it's summer, to chilly Europe and unseasonably warm parts of the US (where I've just been out in my shirtsleeves, gloat, gloat), we're all Living la vida local. Please remember to do your part for February's homebody push: write a Guide Entry about your local wonders, take beaucoups1 photos (and send us one at the Post), make up a story about the natives.

Speaking of stories, some of you have just come back from the Manchester Meet. We are envious of the fun you must have had. We're sure you're going to tell us all about it – with pics – just as soon as you recover from Pastey's PGGBs and remember where you put the mobile. Of course, our roving Post Reporter, Tim Stevenson, stayed sober long enough to EMAIL US a late-breaking entry from Lost Transmissions related to the Meet. Now, that's dedication.

In the meantime, there are things to enjoy here: Willem's back with more wildlife (not all of it from this world), Smudger's got a story to tell (always fascinating), and Bluebottle will have you rolling on the floor. There's even another quiz. (No, not more photos.)

We hope you're enjoying the short month, wherever you are. Keep cool/warm/hoopy, and don't do anything we wouldn't do.

Oh, the donkeys? Not commenting on Lufthansa. Just a reminder that wherever you go, there you are. And don't forget to take out the trash.


Dmitri Gheorgheni

HAD WE BUT WORLD ENOUGH, AND TIME

MY VEGETABLE LOVE SHOULD GROW


 

 

VASTER THAN EMPIRES, AND MORE SLOW


 

 

 

 

 

 
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page


1Bel pointed out to me that this is bad French. Yup. It's US French. According to the US dialect of French, a la mode means 'with ice cream on'.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A87735081

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more