A Conversation for A Very Cheesy Sandwich: The Grilled Cheese

The Cooker Grill method

Post 1

StoneyIsle

Here is an alternative to making a tasty cheese toasty, using the grill of an oven or cooker.

Butter one side of each of the two slices of bread (or 4 if the grill is big enough and your appetite too) and toast brown under the grill. It will be crispy.

Remove from grill, brown side down onto greaseproof paper or a wooden cutting board, so not to make the toast soggy. Slice some cheese up, any cheese will do.

Cover the whole surface of the untoasted side with cheese and place the toasts, brown side down on the grill pan and grill till melted and slightly caramelised.

Remove from heat and leave for 1 minute. During this time you may sprinkle Worcester sauce or pepper or chilli etc. onto the melted cheese of one half/side of the toasties, then turn the other over onto its partner (cheese to cheese) and press lightly.

Cut in half and devour with a pint of Guiness.

Simples.


Key: Complain about this post

The Cooker Grill method

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more