A Conversation for Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME)

Nutritional Therapy

Post 1

Carbooteer

"Mind over matter" is a popular cure all. Not one easily summoned when suffering from ME.

An ex-workmate found Nutritional Therapy a great help. Along with a modified diet, she tried tablets and powders from a high street store. She ended up on something from America (no surprises there!).

It is possible to get an appointment with a nutritionist on the NHS.


Nutritional Therapy

Post 2

Lighthousegirl - back on board

Hi Carbooter

I certainly dont find mind over matter really helps - the big breakthrough came for me when I realised just that! By accepting that I had to work with ME rather than 'defeat' it, I found it possible to get back a more or less normal life style.

I am sorry to hear you have a ex colleague with ME. Nutritional Therapy was a big help to me too. I found the NHS were not able to help at the time, I dont know about now. I went to various alternative therapists and ended up seeing a private nutritionalist / allergy specialist who was fantastic. Eating food my body can digest helped me get a lot of energy back!

I do have friends who have seen NHS Nutritionalists for other problems with varying degrees of success.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more