Diamonds in the Rough - No Diamond

0 Conversations

Diamonds in the Rough

Hitchin' on a twilight train…

This Challenge has already generated enough heat in the form of vituperation – directed not only at the innocent Mr Diamond, but also at me, for daring to suggest this – that I'm almost sorry I came up with it.

I said almost. I never stay repentant for long.

In case you've forgotten, the idea was to be inspired by a lyric of Neil Diamond's. Inspired to write, draw, or compose something, that is. Not to insult the fiction editor.

Next time, I shall suggest Barry Manilow.

Bel wasn't sure who Neil Diamond was, let alone whether he'd had anything to do with her take on the world. But she's given us a cool poem about it, anyway. (She said, 'I misspelled your name on purpose, leave it alone,' so I did. For artistic reasons.)

No Diamond

On reading the challenge from Dimitri
I clicked on the link, the titles to see.
They were all unfamiliar, only two rang a bell
I can't say they kept me from teenager hell.
I never wore blue jeans till I was sixteen
They didn't last long, my next pair was green.
Which impact now had Neil D on my life?
None at all, I say, the time wasn't ripe.
However, I'm sure I missed out in the end
Since all know that diamonds are a girl's best friend.

Diamonds in the Rough Archive

Bel

25.07.11 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A86291751

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more