A Conversation for A Pyramid on Mars

"Voyage to the Red Planet"

Post 1

Steve K.

This 1991 novel by Terry Bisson provides a fresh take on the Mars fantasy. From the back cover, "Times are hard in the 21st century ... a renegade independent movie producer named Markson gets the abandoned spaceship Mary Poppins out of mothballs, recruits an out-of-work astronaut and his beautiful Russian counterpart, contracts a brilliant midget cinematographer, hires a pureblood pair of certified screen superstars - and sends them all off to make Hollywood history. On Mars." Of course, they do find something very interesting ...

As you might gather, its a little offbeat. Douglas Adams probably loved it. smiley - rocket


"Voyage to the Red Planet"

Post 2

Gnomon - time to move on

Sounds like it could be great! smiley - smiley

or awful! smiley - sadface


"Voyage to the Red Planet"

Post 3

Steve K.

Agreed. smiley - cdouble From the reviews at Amazon:

"I prefer my science fiction to have some challenging or mind-bending ideas in it, but if you're just looking for a little light entertainment, this is an amusing book."

"Boldly go where no pawn of the multinational corporations has gone before. Lots of fun and filled with fresh ideas."

Go figure. FWIW, I enjoyed it.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more