A Conversation for Games You Can Play in the Office

Hole-Punch Confetti

Post 1

Trout Montague

Empty out the hole-punch, or even better the binding machine and tip all the detrital confetti into your co-workers' pockets/handbags/drawers; indeed any receptacle will do so long as it is not the bin.


Hole-Punch Confetti

Post 2

Ythika the purple giraffe - Minister for Unusual Musical Instruments

We were actually collecting hole-punch confetti for a colleague's wedding but some meanie threw it all out.


Hole-Punch Confetti

Post 3

pvcfairy

emptying the contents into your co-workers umbrellas for max effect


Hole-Punch Confetti

Post 4

Trout Montague

Oh yes, I like that. Class!

I'm a bit disappointed that this didn't get included in the entry though!

DMT


Hole-Punch Confetti

Post 5

Bright Blue Shorts

We went through a spate of immaturity in the office ...
- sending emails from each other's terminals.
- renaming all the desktop icons on Windows.
- post-it notes on the back ("Kick Me" and the like).
- putting vaseline on the lens of the glasses of a guy who'd leave them on the desk whenever he went out of the office.
- putting a half-filled coffee cup down behind a terminal and waiting for the smell to evolve.
- ringing phones and then putting it down as the other person answered.
- doinking the earpiece of those people who have headsets.
- taking a colour photocopy of the paintings done by a colleague's children, then half putting it through the shredder (while hiding the original) and waiting to see his response when he got back to his desk!

And of course setting traps with hole-punchings. We'd get an empty coffee cup, stick a treasury tag through the bottom of it, and then sellotape it into the door of the overhead cabinet at a colleague's desk! They'd come back open the cabinet and waheyyyy confetti time.

As time went on the traps got more ingenious and multiplied (ie 4 cups attached to the cabinet door) or cups placed on the chair and attached to the next desk so that when the target came in the next morning they'd pull the chair out and ... you got it, confetti time!

I think as someone said before, putting them in the umbrella, closing it up and waiting for rain had to be the best though ...


Hole-Punch Confetti

Post 6

FordFocus

I like this game. Does it work with shredded paper?


Hole-Punch Confetti

Post 7

Trout Montague

We're waiting for you to publish the results of your research FordFocus.


Hole-Punch Confetti

Post 8

Flynn - General Secretary for the Ministry of Stuff That No Other Ministry Wants To Take Charge of, E.g. Rechargeable Batteries

I appreciate this is of little help to those who don't work in garden centres, but to those lucky few who do, make full use of compost in the umbrella trick, it gives spectacular results providing you don't make it too obviously heavy.


Hole-Punch Confetti

Post 9

Bright Blue Shorts

Or for those who work in offices take some compost in with you ...


Key: Complain about this post