A Conversation for Games You Can Play in the Office

Wrong names.

Post 1

superdogmonkey

Being in a small office, I answer the 'phone a lot. We gets lots of requests for the managers name so they can send their crap to them.
I always try to give them a mangled version of the real thing
ie: Mark Elson is the real name but have given out variations of - Mike, Mick, Lark, Bark or Nelson, Belson, Tellson etc.

Hearing a rep from some company insist he talks to a wrongly named manger always cheers me up!

smiley - monster


Wrong names.

Post 2

Pastey

We do a similar thing here, whenever anyone phones and asks for the name of the HR manager, or the Director, or anything else that this small company doesn't have, we give out a name which escapes me for the moment (I don't have to answer the phone). It's amazing the amount of junk mail that get's sent to them.

smiley - rose


Wrong names.

Post 3

Otto Fisch ("Stop analysing Strava.... and cut your hedge")


Sue Denim would be a good name to use. A sports club which I used to be a member of had a fictious secretary called "A P Yorrik".

Otto


Wrong names.

Post 4

Pastey

I like Sue Denim smiley - biggrin

smiley - rose


Wrong names.

Post 5

superdogmonkey

It's gonna be used!smiley - smiley

smiley - monster


Wrong names.

Post 6

Pastey

It has to be! smiley - laugh

smiley - rose


Wrong names.

Post 7

Cupid Stunt

I remember reading of a science department once who used to get post delivered to a Mr G. O'Chemist. They hadn't given that name, that's just what the company put on the parcels.


Wrong names.

Post 8

Sourdust


I once lived in a shared house where we got oodles of mail addressed to "The Occupier". Eventually we decided to fill in every junk-mail harvetser we could find in the name of "Theo Cupier" and see what happened. Yes, people actually rang up and asked to speak to Mr. Cupier. To my knowledge the house still receives mail for Theo to this day, and there is a story that he even once recieved a Council Tax demand.


Wrong names.

Post 9

Cupid Stunt

The previous occupants of my halls put the name 'Mrs Barbara-Ann Templehead' on a mailing list. It's not a pun or anything, but the name amuses me. We also keep getting post for Hannibal, but they say that it was the peoplea few years before them that started that...


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more