A Conversation for Recipes for Winter and Spring Vegetables

Roasted Veg

Post 1

Sam

Roasting your vegetables in the oven is simple and delicious way of preparing veg. Pour a bit of olive oil onto a baking tray and add whole cloves of garlic, onions (quartered), whole parsnips, slices of pumpkins and an other veg. Drizzle a bit more oil over them, spinkle with sae salt and prpper and stick in the oven for about an hour or so on gas mark 6/7. Maybe a bit longer if your vegetable are in big chunks. Just test them; they should be soft and caramelised round the edges.


Roasted Veg

Post 2

The Researcher formally known as Dr St Justin

Your spelling (or typing smiley - winkeye) is appalling!!! smiley - tongueout

Anyway - whole parsnips? Only if they're fairly small. I'd halve them (lengthways), at least. If they're really big, into quarters.


Roasted Veg

Post 3

Sam

Oh goodness - you're right - bad case of thinking in English and typing in Serbo-Croat there.smiley - blush And yes, I agree with halving parsnips. Chunks of potatoes are good too, with rosemary. And sweet potatoes.


Roasted Veg

Post 4

Smij - Formerly Jimster

Actually, it's not Sam's fault - he drools when he thinks of food and his keyboard's a bit slippery.

Euwwww...


Roasted Veg

Post 5

The Researcher formally known as Dr St Justin

smiley - ok

If you want to get crispier roasted veg, try using goose or duck fat rather than olive/vegetable oil.


Roasted Veg

Post 6

Sam

That sounds fabulous.smiley - tongueout


Roasted Veg

Post 7

Ashley


You see that's what happens when I leave the office for five mins... chaos reigns. smiley - winkeye


Roasted Veg

Post 8

The Researcher formally known as Dr St Justin

And what's wrong with choas? Bearing in mind that I'm a Mathematician... smiley - winkeye


Roasted Veg

Post 9

White Hart

If you add a topping of breadcrumbs and grated cheese (any sort, but Stilton's heavenly here) to the above, it's fantastic!


Key: Complain about this post