A Conversation for How to Choose an Astronomical Telescope

I do have one

Post 1

Alfredo


Well, I do have one, and I discovered that without relevant help you cannot choose the right stuff.

While walking thourgh the streets one evening I saw a man looking at the stars with his telescope. In fact he was looking at a few small moons around one of our planets.

He had the same passion as I do and in 15 minutes I knew what I needed to know; a combination of mechanical and manual moving the telescope as it has to follow the object that keeps moving.

I don't like starhopping; so in 15 minutes time I got my answers and most important, I had seen his telescope and his explanation; made notes and bought one.

I can recommend that, that you meet first someone who 'has one, otherwise it becomes to abstract and probably far to expensive.

A few hundred euro's must be more than enough.

It's a thrill to see the mountains at the moon - LIVE - with ones own eyes !!
Thats the magic!


Key: Complain about this post

I do have one

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more