A Conversation for Scalextric

Scalextric Memory Jolt

Post 1

Mr Mullet

Reading your article has resulted in a short state of uncontrolled laughter brough on by fond memories of Scalexric related nonsense.

A few years ago, on a cold Saturday afternoon, some friends and I were indulging our video-gaming habit on the now antiquted Sega Mega-Drive video games console. Not only was this state of the art at the time, but it's games were powered by cartridge based software. This is where the Scalextric link comes in....After a protracted 'columns' battle my friend turned off the Mega-Drive, pulled out the cartridge and proceeded to take a mighty whiff of said software delivering object. Now, this seemed rather strange to me at the time, but I was soon to learn the error of my ways. He passed the cartridge to me and I indulged his request to "take a sniff" (Just Say No, Kids!)and was immediately whisked back to my early childhood, when many a happy afternoon had been spent racing my John Player Special formula one car on my brother's Scalextric set. The aroma of burnt dust and warm metal filled my head with the kind of childhood excitement long lost to the weight of the world crushing my spirit.

Thank you for providing me with a few moments joy in this, a rather dull, Friday afternoon.


Key: Complain about this post

Scalextric Memory Jolt

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more