A Conversation for Jack Daniels Old No 7 Tennessee Sour Mash Whiskey

Mixers

Post 1

Sex And the Small Town

Now coke is the mixer of choice traditionally. But once when I ran out of coke I found That there is a mixer that doesn't 'clash' with the JD so much... step forward Dr pepper and work your surgeon like powers on my whiskey pleeezsmiley - cheers

Also diet coke and lemon is strangely sublime.smiley - magic


Mixers

Post 2

Flobud

I'm a fan of lemonade, Seven Up or Sprite as a mix for JD. I'm not sure how common this is--it was introduced to me in Glasgow but gets me plenty of wierd looks in Vancouver. smiley - cheers


Mixers

Post 3

Friar

The popular "Lynchburg Lemonade" is sprite plus sour mix (or lime juice) with JD.

But, while bartending I mostly saw Coke, Diet, Root Beer and Sprite commonly.

Friar


Mixers

Post 4

norm42

i have a friend who worships JD and every so often decides it is time to officialy "drive the bus". this is his term for mixing the first half liter of whiskey 50/50 with a sipped down liter of coke. by the time he gets this down he is usually plowed enough to drink the last half like water(a trait which he claims is only possible with his beloved Jack) and in short come as close to killing himself as he can without actually pushing up daisys. this usually entails puking on cars, fighting with fat girls, passing out in his friends houses, getting arrested, and just general mayhem. this post might be a little off subject, but whenever JD is mentioned this is precicely what i think of.


Mixers

Post 5

bethal

I myself am a lover of the Coke and Dr. Pepper mixers with my beloved Jack, but has anybody else tried it with Mountain Dew?? Lilt is also an odd one to try with it. By far the best cocktail to put it in though is an Atlantic Crossing - Jack, Southern COmfort and Coke, and the best shooter to put it in is a Jackhammer - Jack and Tequila!!


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more