A Conversation for Bush House, London, UK

The human cost of building Bush House

Post 1

5downunder

I used to drive past Bush House every day and it wasn't untillsome years later that I learned that my great Grandfather, Alfred Horton, fell from the building and was killed whilst helping to build it. He was a stone mason and had fought in france during the First World War. He left a wife and 3 small children. I think of him every time I drive past now and feel very attached to the building because of him.


The human cost of building Bush House

Post 2

Mina

I'm sorry to hear that. smiley - sadface My Grandmother used to live very close to Bush House and she was really happy that I'd ended up there. Strange, that made me feel close too.


The human cost of building Bush House

Post 3

sylvia6114

Hi, 5downunder! You must be Karen & co. If this is not the case, reply on this site. I thought my Gfather's name was Freddie! MumX


The human cost of building Bush House

Post 4

Freeman

Hi 5downunder, I'm sorry about what happens to your Gpa at Bush house, I guess those are the enavitable scrifices and no matter how or who make mistake; if I can say is the God's wish.


The human cost of building Bush House

Post 5

Freeman

Hi 5downunder, I'm sorry about what happens to your Gpa at Bush house, I guess those are the enavitable scrifices and no matter how or who make mistake; if I can say is God's wish.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more