A Conversation for Stubbing Your Toe

ow ow ow ow ow ow ow

Post 41

Ku'Reshtin (Bring the beat back!)

Oh, Pharmacists just wings it. When they get a hand written prescription from a doctor that they can't interpret, they wing it. They try to find something that has a name that could possibly be what the doctor wrote on the prescription. smiley - smiley


ow ow ow ow ow ow ow

Post 42

An Ambling Rambler

Oh, so THAT's why I got what smelled like my cat's ear medicine... I just knew I shouldn't have rubbed it on my shoulder... smiley - winkeye


ow ow ow ow ow ow ow

Post 43

An Ambling Rambler

uh... to (somewhat unintentionally) bring the conversation back to the original topic... I just whacked my right hallux (big toe; hallux is one of the few anatomical terms that's stuck in my head so I'm trying to keep it there) on the computer desk pretty hard... now it tingles when I bend it.

I broke a toe once by... landing on it... really hard after a running start... I don't really want to go into details... I think it was the smallest left toe. A testament to my general klutziness.

Okay, I think the feeling is coming back to me, and a bit of 'work' beckons.


ow ow ow ow ow ow ow

Post 44

Catwoman

My little toe doesn't stick out enough to hit the ground very hard. Another toe would hit first and break the little toe's fall.


ow ow ow ow ow ow ow

Post 45

An Ambling Rambler

I kind of landed on the side of my foot... suprised my ankle didn't get injured.


ow ow ow ow ow ow ow

Post 46

Catwoman

Was this while rambling? Or just in the natural course of things?


ow ow ow ow ow ow ow

Post 47

An Ambling Rambler

Oh, I meant the landing on it... when I hit my foot yesterday it was on the leg of the desk, so the other toes weren't close enough to block for the little toe...


ow ow ow ow ow ow ow

Post 48

Catwoman

I meant did you hurt your toe while rambling, not just the 'surprised it wasn't an ankle' bit.

I stubbed my hip on the side of a table the other day.


ow ow ow ow ow ow ow

Post 49

An Ambling Rambler

ooohhhhh... Angel (my friend sitting next to me) says her mom broke the same toe thrice. Yep, count 'em, thrice. And two of the breaks were within six weeks of each other.

now I understand... I'm usually rambling. I thought you meant when I broke it... so I think I was rambling, but perhaps I wasn't.

*implodes temporarily*


ow ow ow ow ow ow ow

Post 50

An Ambling Rambler

I swear to you, I'm an idiot. Queen of the bumblers. (Actually, I do have ABumblingMumbler as one of my AIM screen names...) I just stubbed my *foot*. How on earth do you stub a foot? I was just walking out to the balcony and I whacked it hard on the mat under the computer chair, on top of the carpet... the kind that's held in place by the weight of the chair and the person on the chair and little points on the bottom that stick in the carpet. I never knew you could get hurt in so many ways!


ow ow ow ow ow ow ow

Post 51

Catwoman

What sort of mat? Most are too flat to do you serious injury (unless you trip over them).


ow ow ow ow ow ow ow

Post 52

An Ambling Rambler

It's a hard plastic mat used to keep the computer chair from sinking into the carpet... my foot is fine but it hurt for a while.


ow ow ow ow ow ow ow

Post 53

Catwoman

Okay. I won't accuse you of being accident-prone then.


ow ow ow ow ow ow ow

Post 54

An Ambling Rambler

Before you give up on that accusation, know that I stepped on a bee this morning. A stinger-side-up bee. With the non-callused part of my third toe. It's a bit purple now. I blame this thread.


ow ow ow ow ow ow ow

Post 55

Catwoman

Okay, you are accident-prone.
How many bees lie on the floor stinger-side up?
I would vote for not many.


ow ow ow ow ow ow ow

Post 56

An Ambling Rambler

me too.
ah, well... it's not purple anymore...
coincidence is a funny thing indeed.
I haven't managed to do anything clumsy today though... not that I know of...


ow ow ow ow ow ow ow

Post 57

Jes

Well, it wasn't exactly my toe, but I snapped the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th metatarsals in my right foot by *ahem* falling over my son. Heh heh. Yep, just fell right over and *POP*!! Away we went on a wonderful tour of the local ER. What fun.

Jes


ow ow ow ow ow ow ow

Post 58

An Ambling Rambler

Eck! Worse than a toe. Sounds really, really painful.


A Paralympian Medal for Toe-Injury perhaps?

Post 59

Beatles

I don't know how stylish it is but...

Accident One = I was in a pub, decided to go to the loo, tried to impress some nearby women by driving my electric wheelchair towards the loo door (which I could've sworn opened inwards!) and kicking it open! Very painful as the door didn't move at all, I ripped all the tendons (sic) and muscles in the large toe of my right foot.

Accident Two = Driving my electric wheelchair up the ramps of a London taxi, I not only ran my right foot over, I trapped the thing under the whole weight of my chair! I think I invented some swearwords soon after.

It's just occured to me that I was sitting in the same electric wheelchair when both incidents happened. Blimey! I may have a haunted wheelchair, like the car Kennedy was shot in. If I do, how do I excorcise it? If I sprinkle holy water on it, it may short-circuit. Suggestions on how to deal with a possessed electric wheelchair please!


A Paralympian Medal for Toe-Injury perhaps?

Post 60

Steve K.

smiley - smiley

I don't know if it will help, but I vaguely recall reading an article in the magazine of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME). The title was "Where Do Bad Designers Go?" and it described several products with ... problems. One was an electric carving knife which would not turn off, nor allow removal of the batteries while running. When set on the counter, it started "walking" around in a threatening manner. The author ended up building a wall around it with various utensils, waiting til the batteries died.

Like I said, not sure it will help. smiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post