The h2g2 Post Recipe

0 Conversations

This week we feature a recipe from Greebo T.
Cat
.

We would also be happy to feature your own personal favourite recipe but do remember that you should not submit anything which may be copyright.

Send your suggestions or recipes to Shazz.


Greebo's Infamous Baked Bean Special

Suitable for Veggie's and Carnivore's


Serves one big eater or two for a snackeral

Basic Ingredients

  • 1 medium (420g size) can of Baked Beans
  • 150g of mature cheddar cheese (red works best)
  • 3 or 4 sausages, either vegetarian or other
  • A handful of smallish, boiled new potatoes (An extra treat would be to slice the
    potatoes into rounds and fry them to a crisp golden colour)
  • A splash of Malt vinegar (Optional)

What to do - Don't Panic it's easy

  • Fry, grill or oven bake your sausages, put to one side to cool.
  • Empty can of Baked Beans into a medium sized saucepan, place on a medium heat.
  • Chop up cheese into small portions, and drop portions into pan with beans, stir to mix in.
  • Leave for a few minutes to let cheese melt into beans, then turn heat down.
  • Add a splash of vinegar.
  • Chop up sausages into even slices and drop into cheesy bean mixture and then throw in the potatoes, stirring gently, until sausage and potatoes are evenly covered by sauce.
  • Place on a heat resistant surface.
  • Leave for a few minutes to cool slightly (honestly, it seems to improve the taste), and then turn mixture out onto plate/s for serving.

Yummy Scrummy in your Tummy!


Of course this is just a basic recipe and it can be re-worked with as many ingredients as will fit comfortably into a medium sized saucepan. If it’s a posh dinner party you're cooking for, you can even garnish with a sprig of your favourite herb, this meal is so versatile. Spice it up with whatever takes your fancy, experiment and enjoy, and remember, eating is only half the fun.

The Recipe Archive

Greebo T. Cat

27.06.02 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A774489

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written by

Credits

References

h2g2 Entries

External Links

Not Panicking Ltd is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more