A Conversation for Midsummer in Sweden - Sun, Sill and Snaps

Couple of wee points

Post 1

'Brose

Hi there,
Good job. Nicely done.
A couple of small things need addressing though. One was in the original text, to wit:
This idea didn't really work, because once the pole is bedecked with flowers, and two large circular garlands hanging from the crossbar, the phallic effect is even more pronounced.

I think this would benefit from the insertion of HAS,
This idea didn't really work, because once the pole is bedecked with flowers, and has two large circular garlands hanging from the crossbar, the phallic effect is even more pronounced.

The other point is in the frog dance. People dance around the pole ACTING like frogs (hopping etc) rather than DRESSED as frogs.
Cheers
'Brose


Couple of wee points

Post 2

DogManStar

I must have got so carried away with the marvellous absurdity of the Dance of the Frogs that I subconsciously put the bit about frog costumes in. It was such an appealing thought!

Your 'has' arguement is sound, although the sentance in question does work as it stands: the hanging baskets are pertaining to the verb bedeck. Nonetheless, 'has' would certainly make the sentance scan more easily, as in fact would 'are' after 'baskets'.

I shall dash off a comminique to the Powers That Be immediately!


Couple of wee points

Post 3

DogManStar

I must have got so carried away with the marvellous absurdity of the Dance of the Frogs that I subconsciously put the bit about frog costumes in. It was such an appealing thought!

Your 'has' arguement is sound, although the sentance in question does work as it stands: the hanging baskets are pertaining to the verb bedeck. Nonetheless, 'has' would certainly make the sentance scan more easily, as in fact would 'are' after 'baskets'.

I shall dash off a communique to the Powers That Be immediately!


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Midsummer in Sweden - Sun, Sill and Snaps

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more