A Conversation for Midsummer in Sweden - Sun, Sill and Snaps

a quick hello...

Post 1

DogManStar

...to let you know I'll be Sub Editing this entry for inclusion in the Edited Guide. I'll let you know of any major changes.


a quick hello...

Post 2

'Brose

Cool. I will raise a toast (skål) to you when we have our big Midsummer party in a week or so.
Cheers
Brose


a quick hello...

Post 3

DogManStar

Thanks! Although I managing to stick a fair bit away myself at the moment, with the World Cup and everything....


a quick hello...

Post 4

Titania (gone for lunch)

Sorry, I seem to have missed this entry while it was in Peer Review...

...just a thought: isn't 'Dalarna, north of Stockholm' a bit too general a description?smiley - erm It isn't mentioned what 'Dalarna' is (it's not a city) and 'north of Stockholm' is a bit vague, since that includes more than 2/3 of Sweden!

...and the opposite of the Midwinter was the Midsummer; the longest day of the year, the summer solstice

Otherwise I think it sums up the way we Swedes celebrate pretty ok!smiley - ok


a quick hello...

Post 5

DogManStar

OK - finished! Good entry, great fun. Where's my passport?


a quick hello...

Post 6

'Brose

Good on ya. You have missed Midsummer for this year, but there is always next year!!


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Midsummer in Sweden - Sun, Sill and Snaps

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more