A Conversation for Fables in 200 Words or Less

Three Raindrops

Post 1

Snitnop

There were three raindrops, which all came from the same cloud, who were in deep discussion as they hurtled towards the Earth. Said the first “I am the best of us all as I am the biggest raindrop”. Said the second “No, I am the best as I have the most perfect teardrop shape”. The third said “I am better than both of you, because I am made out of the purest water”. Just as they were about to launch into a heated discussion about size, purity and shape, they all dropped, with big splash, into a very muddy puddle!

This is not a traditional fable, but a short story by Terry Jones but I think it works as a modern day fable. The moral, if you want to call it that, I guess would be that we are all different and should acknowledge and embrace that and stop trying to compare ourselves and compete with others. After all we are all heading towards a common goal … death - and nothing at all will matter after that!


Three Raindrops

Post 2

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

And the moral of the tale is: Never copy and paste directly from Word. Always go via Notepad.

smiley - smiley

Amy smiley - ant


Three Raindrops

Post 3

Snitnop



Was using the very useful, word count feature, to be sure to bring it under 200 words, posted, sat back to read my handiwork ... and then wondered what those strange characters were!


Three Raindrops

Post 4

Snitnop

Smileys ... aaaaaaarrrrrrrrrgggggghhhhh!!!! Someone pleeeeease help me out here smiley - sadface

smiley - doh There, that should do it?


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more