A Conversation for One-hit Wonders

John Otway

Post 1

Matty

I have the dubious pleasure of living in Aylesbury,the town of John's birth{although John now lives in Coventry,his mum still lives in Aylesbury}.John is an absolute LEGEND round here & plays the town at least once a year.
I was lucky enough to see him recently and he is brilliant,his live show is a real send up of his career.His whole act is based on the "hit".
In fact at his last show in Aylesbury,he was joined on stage by Steve Harley{of Cockney Rebel fame},who took the mickey out of John by saying "Now we will play my Number 1" before launching into a version of "Come up and see me".
As to the trivia :- "Cor baby" was in fact recorded as one half of a duo,with Wild Willy Barret{who also appeared at Johns recent Aylesbury show & very good he looked too!},but John also got to N0.seventy something with his version of "Delilah",as used in a Weetabix advert!
"Bunsen Burner" is credited to John Otway & his Big Band.
Is John Otway a genuine "one-hit wonder",who knows,I dont really care,but I do love the bloke!


Key: Complain about this post

John Otway

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more