A Conversation for One-hit Wonders

Technical definition...

Post 1

David Brider

...of a one-hit wonder according to the Guiness Book of Hit Singles is an artiste (group, whatever) that has one number one hit, and no other chart entries whatsoever.

On which basis, many artistes popularly considered to be one-hit wonders fail on one or other criteria.

And of course, it *does* get rather complicated when the international market is brought into consideration.

smiley - smiley

OTOH, the aforementioned Guiness Book does contain a nice list of all British Chart One-Hit Wonders. I don't have my copy near my computer (as I'm posting from work). Anyone able to help out there?

David


Technical definition...

Post 2

Cloviscat

F91874

smiley - winkeye

smiley - smileysmiley - blackcat


Technical definition...

Post 3

Cloviscat

Ignore the previous posting -0 that was just me making an *rs* of myself. I'll post it in full to avoid hiccups: http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/alabaster/F91874?thread=212987&post=2437693#p2437693 Hardly worth it was it? *retires abashed*


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more