A Conversation for Biscuit Recipes

citrussy biccies

Post 1

AEndr, The Mad Hatter

(this recipe is in UK measurements etc)

You need a rolling pin and a grater for this recipe, as well as all the usual stuff.
Preheated oven, 190 C or 375 F or Gas Mark 5
Ingredients
350g or 12oz plain flour
25g or 1oz dark chocolate, melted and cooled slightly
grated rind of 1 lemon or orange (if using a lemon, use the juice for pancakes)
175g or 6oz butter, softened
300g or 10½oz caster sugar (that's not confectioner's sugar but sugar which is a bit finer than standard granulated sugar)
1 egg, beaten

Instructions
1. Grease baking tray.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Gradually add the beaten egg to the creamed mixture, beating well.
4. Sieve the flour into the creamed mixture and mix until you get a soft dough.
5. Transfer half of the dough to another bowl and beat in the cooled melted chocolate.
6. Stir the grated citrus rind into the other half of the plain dough.
7. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the 2 pieces of dough to form rectangles of the same size.
8. Lay the citrus dough on top of the chocolate dough.
9. Roll up the dough tightly into a sausage shape. A sheet of baking parchment can help.
10. Leave the dough to chill in the refrigerator for at least half an hour.
11. Cut the roll into about 40 slices and place them on the baking trays. (Cook the ends and edges too, don't be fussy, they taste just as good, just watch out for them getting done earlier than the rest)
12. Bake in a preheated oven 190C 375F GM5 for 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden.
13. Transfer the pinwheels to a wire rack and scoff before anyone else can get to them.


citrussy biccies

Post 2

saintfrancesca

I made these biscuits today and they are dammed nice. REALLY dammed nice.

Thanks for the recipe. It's a winner.


St. F. smiley - angelsmiley - teasmiley - cake


citrussy biccies

Post 3

AEndr, The Mad Hatter

glad you liked them smiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more