A Conversation for Pubs with Tales

The Glynne Arms

Post 1

Mong, Ruler of the Spoon People

Wow, it hasn't been called that in ages! I found an old A-Z that called it the Glynne Arms but it's been the Crooked house for years! And it kicks ass! You wouldn't BELIEVE how crooked it actually is. There's a table in the lounge that makes bottles look like their rolling uphill too. And the Grandfather clock looks like it's about to fall over.

Plus you didn't mention the Cat and Fiddle, the highest pub in Britain at something like 700m above sea level (somewhere in the Peak District, Derbyshire).


The Glynne Arms

Post 2

Munchkin

My big book o' pub trivia told me it was the Tan Hill Inn that was the highest. I am always willing to be disproved, but their web site was fairly insistent. smiley - smiley


The Glynne Arms

Post 3

Mong, Ruler of the Spoon People

Not sure. I always thought it was the Cat. It's out in the middle of nowhere on a really high hill. I'll have to go and look that one up.

Plus you should mention the Bull and Bladder (or the Vine as it's sometimes called) home of Batham's, the best beer in the midlands.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more