A Conversation for Salad Recipes

really quick salad

Post 1

Opus Neglector: Queen of Silly Socks and Keeper of the World's Most Effective Paperclip-Specific Black Hole


Iceberg lettuce, lollo rosso, white cabbage and frisee (also available as ready prepared bags of "All Seasons Salad", handy that!) mixed with wafer thin smoked ham and dressed with fresh honey and mustard vinaigrette. Takes about 2 minutes to make a huge bowlful, tastes fantastic and really fills you up. Also, you only have the serving bowl and a pair of scissors to wash up...

It's so versatile that I've considered using it as a starter for a winter dinner party, or as a side dish for a summer barbecue. So far though I've only had it for lunch.


really quick salad

Post 2

lisbonlioness

My quickest salad is the "Tin Salad". Take a tin of

° corn
° tuna
° red beans
° green beans
° olives (if you want)
° peas
and add chopped onions, carrots, red peppers, radish and cheese to taste. You can also add boiled eggs.
Mix it all in a big bowl, using the tuna oil as dressing.
(Perfect salad for me, because I hate cucumber, tomatoes and green salad.)
If you want to leave out the tuna, use olive oil instead.
It may not be the healthiest salad, but for sure it is cheap and très quick smiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more