A Conversation for Democracy

Panocracy

Post 1

JohnTalbut

Democracy is a bad thing. It is and always has been a means of oppression, a means of persuading people to give up their power to the same sorts of people who would rule under any system. It founders on the myth that there is such a thing as "the will of the people". A million people have a million different wills.

People are conned into thinking that democracy gives them a say whereas in fact it does the opposite - put your cross on the ballot paper and give up your right to any further say in anything.

What people think they are getting, and what they should be getting, is panocracy, a system in which everyone has the right to participate in the decisions that affect them. (See www.panocracy.org) This involves government by consent, not by coercion as is generally the case under democracy. It supports people having a say, getting involved and being in their own power.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more