FrontPage Archive - July 2010

0 Conversations

[Prev]part of an unofficial archive of h2g2 front pages[Next]

5 July 2010

Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo - This is a condition of the inner ear which causes a form of unpleasant dizziness in the sufferer.

Lamb's Lettuce - Also known as 'rapunzel', 'corn salad', or 'mâche' lamb's lettuce has been cultivated in Europe since the Middle Ages.

New Hampshire, USA - One of the original colonies in New England, the 'Granite State' is a mountainous area in east USA.

QOTW: Why does white reflect heat?

12 July 2010

Mock-up of a big green 'Golf Sale' sign with arrow pointing the way.The 'Golf Sale' Placard Phenomenon - They're a familiar sight in our town and city centres - but where did they come from?

Using a Puppy Crate - How to make your dog safe and secure in its early years with a den-like enclosure in your own home.

A Brief History of Manufacturing Glass for Windows - Throwing light on the process of glazing our windows refined over many years.

QOTW: Only the other day we were reminiscing about Vesta packet meals.

19 July 2010

St Peter's Cathedral, Exeter.A Wander Through Exeter - Encounter a feast of fine architectural features in this canter through the streets of Devon's cathedral city.

Mahler's Symphonic Premieres - 8th Symphony - The story of an epic piece that required a cast of over a thousand for its first performance.

Benjamin Lay, Quaker and Abolitionist - The 18th Century activist and eco warrior who fought slavery and influenced Benjamin Franklin.

QOTW: I'm not sure exactly where my tatoo is...   The artist used invisible ink

26 July 2010

A hand clutching a selection of shopping bags.The Mystery Shopper - Fancy being paid to shop? That's the reality of a job spent visiting businesses and reporting back on their service.

The No-Eyed Big-Eyed Wolf Spider - The miraculous story of a species that chases its prey and is only found in six caves in Hawaii.

Southampton Airport, Eastleigh, Hampshire - It might not be pretty but this bijou British airfield has a fine aviation history.

QOTW: Nowadays my whole life is just one extended lunchbreak.

[Prev][Index][Next]

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A71068728

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more