A Conversation for Public Transport Etiquette

Roundabouts and buses

Post 1

Primord

smiley - zen
can someone explain to me, why...
after I have rung the bell to let the driver know I want off at the next stop, on approaching the enormous roundabout seconds before my stop, does the driver speed up and only just stop in time for my stop???
It's such fun being flung from one side of the bus to the other...
smiley - cross


Roundabouts and buses

Post 2

oblongomaculatus

The bus driver is playing 'passenger snooker.' The object is to 'pot' you through the emergency exit.


Roundabouts and buses

Post 3

bighairyman

On the subject of roundabouts and buses; why do bus drivers feel the need to drive over, or on the wrong side of mini-roundabouts, when there is adequate room to use it in the correct fashion.

A logical solution to passenger snooker is automatic gearboxes that encourage the driver to put his foot down and cross his fingers.


Roundabouts and buses

Post 4

Primord

smiley - biggrin
well-that sounds about right to me-but It may have been more "passenger basketball" 'cuz I nearly went up on the luggage rack!
smiley - wah


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more