A Conversation for Will Hay - Comedian and Astronomer

Will Hay

Post 1

Rt. Rev. Lesley Gentle

I have been watching Will Hay films for years and have seen a lot of his more obscure. Obviously they are products of the times but they can be a little hard viewing, I think it is Old Bones Of The River which stands out in my mind in this instance as I recall it being a touch racist as well as being one of his lesser films.

Ask A Policeman and Oh, Mr Porter! are genuine classics and are suitable for all ages. I personally have grown up on Will Hay films instead of the Disney pap that most other children of the 70/80s have watched since childhood. I recently found that the better films have been given a release on DVD at bargain prices of £5 or so and I have replaced my worn out collection of videos.

It would be good to find out some information about Moore Marriott and Albert for the diary as they formed a wonderfully surreal trio in a number of the films!


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Will Hay - Comedian and Astronomer

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more