The h2g2 Post 12.07.10

1 Conversation




Posted: 12th July 2010


 

 

What now?

So, that's the Football World Cup over, with Spain as this year's winner. Congratulations to them! The German team got the bronze medal, but if I can believe the media, they won the hearts, respect and admiration of many people all over the world, not just of the German fans. I think that is the better achievement, but I guess the team would differ. With all matches over, just what am I going to do now? No more watching the games with my son, no more discussions with friends and family. With temperatures of 30 to 40 °C there's little else you can do.

But I am lucky, I can stay at home and don't have to venture out much. The heat is taking its toll, though. Several ICE (Intercity Express) trains had massive problems with their air cons. In an ICE from Berlin to Bielefeld, several dozen people, among them 27 pupils returning form a school trip to Berlin, collapsed. I can't believe the DB didn't care, didn't stop the train or anything. Or rather, I can believe it, it is typical for the DB. Police are investigating, suspecting assault through negligence and failure to render assistance – both are crimes in Germany. I hope you don't have to suffer from the heat and have a nice cool place where you can enjoy this issue of the Post.


Bel

NUISANCES

 

 

 

 

 

 
COMING ATTRACTIONS

 

 

  • Gheorgheniplex

  • What is Steganography? Look it up in your Funk and Wagnall's


 

 
NOT ACCORDING TO PLAN

 

 

 

 
COMMUNITY

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION

 

 


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A68959624

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more