A Conversation for The Answer To The Ultimate Question Of Life, The Universe, And Everything

Quadbee

Post 1

Smiley Ben

So, like, someone explain Quadbee to me!


Quadbee

Post 2

QuadBee (39130)

QuadBee is not the question to the answer of life, the universe and everything. QuadBee is an experimental collaborative fiction project intended to allow those who wish, to help write an apocryphal sixth book to the Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy trilogy.

At the end of the fifth book, Douglas Adams pretty much destroyed everything he had brought into the other four books. He's an incredibly busy frood who's working on movies and other things now. The odds of him ever being bothered with writing a sixth book seemed rather slim at the time I started QuadBee. Offering fans a chance to write along the same vein, in a similar DNAish Universe, seemed like a lot of fun! And so far it has been!

QuadBee is short for "Big Bang Burger Bar" which is where the stories are supposed to eventually end up. QuadBee is also long for "BBBB" and reads better than BeeBeeBeeBee.

To participate, you either choose a lesser character from DNA's books, or invent your own, then you tell a story about them. The story has to eventually get them to the Big Bang Burger Bar, and there are a couple other guidelines you can see when you go to the QuadBee user pages here in h2g2.com, but beyond that you can do pretty much whatever you want.

Originally I thought people would just each write separate chapters of one story, but it's evolving into an anthology of tales. It's very exciting to watch it evolve and grow.

After you start your tale, you save your words in a user page from your own h2g2.com homepage, and if you want me to link to it after I've looked it over, you email me the link and I put it in the QuadBee user page.

For more details, simply click over to http://www.h2g2.com/P79977 and check it out. It's not officially sanctioned by h2g2.com or TDV at the moment. That may or may not change. If the Powers That Be want to squelch it, it's their party. Pages written for the project should NOT be submitted to the editors for rejection/acceptance because they're not actually the sort of guide entries those guys are looking for.

This is just something I thought would be fun while we wait for the editors to catch the backlog of actual guide entries. So far it's been a blast! smiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more