A Conversation for Pizza Delivery Cars in Southern California, USA

Alternative: The Emeny is Behind You

Post 1

Stavro Meuller Beta

An alternative method, although highly percarious and only to be considered under very extreme circumstances, is available when the pizza delivery vehicle is tailing you.

It helps to have a bumper-sticker that reads: "I Brake For Tailgaters".

If you have
1) a very old car (that would perhaps itself be a candidate for a pizza delivery vehicle),
2) your car is in need of some cosmetic refurbishing and you don't mind paying for it using the pizza delivery person's insurance (make sure to brace your neck and back for impact), or
3) have had it up to here with pizza delivery driver's

then you can consider slamming on your brakes as hard as you can. It may ruin the pizza delivery vehicle, preveinting it from taking to the road ever again and removing one of these suicidal driver's from the road (by taking away transportation and driving credibility). And, if all works out as planned, you won't be out of pocket a single penny.


Alternative: The Emeny is Behind You

Post 2

Ste

Ahhh, good tactic.

I know that in California, in such a collision the person behind is always at faut, because they should have left sufficient room to brake. Therefore the insurance costs would be theirs every time.

I see where you're coming from

smiley - cheers

Stesmiley - stout


Alternative: The Emeny is Behind You

Post 3

Gearhead

If I see a dead cat by the side of the road I will usually pick it up put it in a plastic bag or box and keep it in the trunk (boot) for a day or two, mind you in the summer here in So.Cal. this may not be wise. but the purpose of this is when performing a brake check on said Pizza delivery car you can throw the cat under the wheels of your own car and explain to the nice policeman (LAPD HA!) how this poor cat ran out in front of you and you tried to avoid hitting it "because like man it's gonna ruin my Chi and be a total downer that I caused this creature of the earth to die" Yeah the cops will just look at you a little funny then go and write a NASTY ticket to the pizza driver. Beware, A, the cat must be reasonably fresh. B,LAPD has NO sense of humor these days, and niether do the surronding jurisdictions.


Alternative: The Emeny is Behind You

Post 4

Ste

Blimey, that's a bit severe isn't it? I can imagine it working, but just how many dead cats do you see by the side of the road per day?

Pizza delivery drivers need all the punishing they can, so I heartily approve.

smiley - biggrin

Stesmiley - stout


Alternative: The Emeny is Behind You

Post 5

Gearhead

Not that many but when you find one it's a good day to turn the tables on the pizza drivers and go "hunting". Here in L.A. its not hard to find, there must be three or four delivery joints within a few blocks and since I live half a mile away from a major ISP you just hang about down the street one will be along shortly.


Alternative: The Emeny is Behind You

Post 6

Stavro Meuller Beta

Do any of you know how to contact the Ed.s? I don't live there, but it seems to me a great follow-up topic to this one on pizza delivery drivers would be the perils and strategies of how to deal with New York City cabbies.

It could develop into a series: rickshaw drivers in Hong Kong, Amish buggies in Pennsylvania and Indiana, little old ladies around the world, etc.


Alternative: The Emeny is Behind You

Post 7

Ste

No need to contact the Editors IMHO (but if you want to I think its [email protected]).

Just go ahead and write an entry. And then put into peer review independantly. We can then get someone to update my entry with a link at the bottom to the follow-up entry you're talking about. Hey presto! We have ourselves a series smiley - biggrin

smiley - bubbly

Stesmiley - stout


Alternative: The Emeny is Behind You

Post 8

Stavro Meuller Beta

Thing is, I know squat about New York City cabbies, rickshaw drivers in Hong Kong, Amish buggies in Pennsylvania and Indiana, little old ladies around the world, etc. All enlightenment I have on the issue I've already given.

How does on initiate a proposal for a collaborative project.

(I did check the entries, and no NYC afficianado has seen fit to start off the foirst topic yet.)


Alternative: The Emeny is Behind You

Post 9

Ste

Ah, the lack of experience might be a problem smiley - biggrin

As for a collaborative entry. There's no set format to propose one. You just talk to people, see what they want to do. Then once you have written something, you combine all the stuff into one entry and change the authorship list so that everyone is credited. Simple!

I can help you with any technical stuff (GuideML etc), but first you might have to find some New Yorkers/Hong Kongers to do the actual stuff smiley - laugh

smiley - cheers

Stesmiley - stout


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more