A Conversation for Sonic the Hedgehog - the Classic Computer Game

Starposts?

Post 1

Dead Mice

Nice work on the article (I firmly believe that people who write entries based on computer games are geniuses... smiley - winkeye. Very well researched and not at all damp.

One point though, weren't the lampposts called Starposts, or star posts, or something starry? I remember they were in Sonic The Comic, and I think in the instruction manuals too. They had stars on 'em, you see. It's clever.

Anyway, long live retro gaming!

Laters.


Starposts?

Post 2

caper_plip

Hi there!

They were lampposts in Sonic 1, but became starposts in Sonic 2 as the popsicle lamppost was ditched for the one with the star on it.

If I remember, Sonic the Comic had Tails in it, so it was based more along the lines of Sonic 2 than 1, therefore the starposts...

Thanks!

Caper Plipsmiley - borgsmiley - tennisball


Starposts?

Post 3

Wargamer (The Wanderer)

No mention of any of the other games though... Sonic 3 & Knuckles (achieved by buying Sonic 3 and plugging it into the top of Sonic & Knuckles) definately deserves a mention!
...
Oh, and you get to the Starposts by jumping into the 'Big Rings'...


Starposts?

Post 4

The_Blue_Midget

Apparently after Sonic the Hedgehog some bright spark at Sega said "Actually, it doesn't look much like a lamppost does it?" So they changed it.

Oh, and Sonic 3 & and Knuckles was mentioned, though in the same section as S&K. The stages were relatively the same. I didn't see Sonic Chaos mentioned though...


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more