A Conversation for Buying a Car

A good dealer experience

Post 1

Abi

I have had numerous bad experiences with cars, mainly as the dealerships saw I was a girl and took me for a complete ride - the Vauxhall garage in Coventry for one. And don't even think of complaining to Vauxhall, as they will hide behind the fact it is a dealership and they cannot act like Big Brother.

However, I have had a stunningly good experience too. When I decided I wanted a Morris Minor I searched on the web and through the motoring press to find one. Then a friend suggested I tried the Morris Minor garage at West Malling in Kent, which is affiliated to the Morris Minor Centre in Bath.

They were and are brilliant. They allowed me to really take my time about choosing a car and always gave me a very honest appraisal of the cars I saw. They also offered to loan me a mechanic to look over any car I was interested in from another source for no charge. Eventually I did buy one through them and the after sales care has been good too. When I tried to book my car in for a service, they suggested that it wasn't quite time yet given the limited amount of miles I do in it and to wait a couple of months. The shock of not being fleeced by some rogue dealer still hasn't really sunk in!

I think this is because the owner is passionate about Moggies. This passion and honesty and the high level of customer care means that they have a devoted customer base. And the mechanics are kind of cute too! smiley - winkeye


Key: Complain about this post

A good dealer experience

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more