A Conversation for A Postman's Guide to Letterboxes

a real solution to dog outside

Post 1

ttholt

You might try spraying some sort of "Doggie-B-Gone" spray on your shoes or trousers. The dogs already don't like you, and when you arrive smelling really nasty it can ruin their day quite nicely for you. I recommend spraying it on your wet-weather gear for quite a few days in a row.
The other trick, as referred to in the reply for dogs inside the house is also very effective. I've also known a letter-carrier who carried a water-pistol and squirted the particularly persistently annoying dogs to the point where they saw him coming and turned and ran in the other direction.
Good luck. My dad was a letter-carrier as well as a garbage-pickup man. You'd never believe some of the stories he told. My favorite one was of a dog who knew him as a letter-carrier, and when he switched to picking up garbage it confused the dog so much he left both my dad and the new letter-carrier alone. And then my dad made friends with the owner of the dog and made friendly off-duty visits and the dog was messed up forever after that and retired from being a guard dog.


Key: Complain about this post

a real solution to dog outside

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more