A Conversation for A Postman's Guide to Letterboxes

Wipe em out I say!

Post 1

I'm not really here

I agree with all of this! I was a paper person for more years than I care to remember at school, as my dad worked in the shop marking them up before departing to do the country round in his van. I got phoned up everytime someone was ill, on holiday, or just plain useless.

I would say that you've forgotten to mention the people that put the letterbox inside the porch, and then lock the porch. smiley - sadface Or who just go the whole way and hide the front door, so you have to wander around the outside of the house trying to find it, feeling like a peeping tom or a burglar.


Wipe em out I say!

Post 2

Researcher 182562

Is there any similarity between a paper person and a straw man? Did you finally, like Pinochio, get to be a real boy?


Wipe em out I say!

Post 3

I'm not really here

ahem, well. No. I'm not a real boy. smiley - winkeye


Wipe em out I say!

Post 4

Bluebottle

But you are definately real.
I remember when I had my paper round - the things I hated most were:
1.) High street shops which NEVER have house numbers on.
2.) The posh roads in which the houses refused to have a number, but a name instead. So you had to stare at each name plate to see which house to deliver each paper to, making it almost impossible to find out where in the road it was.

You know, there was one road in which all the houses had a name plate outside, and all the houses were called the same thing. Can you guess what it was?

<BB<


Wipe em out I say!

Post 5

Red (and a bit grey) Dog


Tease !


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more