A Conversation for Post-Traumatic Stress Related Triggers

pychotic mania

Post 1

Researcher 204954

I have been diagnosed with Ptsd from an insident that happened in April.I guess I am reaching out tonight as no one seems to understand how trapped I am by what I went through.I am in desparate need to talk to someone who truly knows what iam feeling.I can't stop crying yet I am so out of touch from my feelings and I wonder if I will ever feel normal again.


pychotic mania

Post 2

Ormondroyd

First of all, you've come to a good place. h2g2 is a warm and kind community, and after seeing other discussions on this kind of theme here, I think you can expect a sympathetic response. It's good that you've reached out to anyone - that's the first step to making a change. smiley - hug

That said, I'd suggest that you seek professional counselling, if you're not getting it already. It doesn't always work first time; for some time I paid a therapist who did me no real good at all. However, lately I've been seeing someone else who has really helped me to understand myself better and look forward in a positive frame of mind.

I assure you that things can get better, however trite that might sound to you now. Four months ago, I was in a desperate downward spiral of drink-fuelled depression. With the help of a brilliant support group, which includes the aformentioned counsellor, I've managed to clean up my act and to start being fascinated and excited by life again. Things aren't perfect by any means, and I still have memories that make me flinch every time I think of them, but now I'm able to appreciate some of the great things about being human.

Please don't give up, and keep reaching out. smiley - hug


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more